Our Approach to Privacy
We (Playerthree) are a UK Limited company, operating globally.
The protection of your privacy is important to us.
Remember to be smart and safe online.
Always ask your parent or guardian before giving someone your information.
Unless you have permission, don’t tell anyone your real name, username, email, phone number, address, school, birth date or any other information about you that they could use to contact you either online or in the real world.
If you want to enter one of our competitions, make sure you ask permission from your parent/guardian before you enter.
We are committed to the safety and privacy of the children who use our Services.
We encourage you to monitor and actively participate in your children’s online activities.
See more information below about children’s privacy below.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide
We receive and store any information you give to us, for example when you:
- download our games;
- enter our competitions;
- enter information on our web site;
- interact with us on social media such as Facebook and Twitter;
- purchase Services through an online store;
- make an in-app purchase ;
- request technical support, make a compliment or complaint, or otherwise contact us directly.
Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with us, such as:
- information about how you use our Services ;
- basic information about the device you use to access our Services ;
- your location;
We use this information to find out what you like so we can make more of it, what you don’t like so we can remove it, and what you find too hard so we can make it easier to progress.
If you sign-in to our games with Facebook, Google+ or another provider, we may use the identity and friends from that provider to improve your user experience.
Information From Third Parties
We may collect information about you from third parties so that we can deliver services to you that you have specifically requested.
This will happen:
- when you purchase our Services online (via the App Store, Google Play Store, or elsewhere);
- when you connect to social features like Facebook or Game Center.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We only ever use your personal information for the purpose it was intended.
We may use your information to:
- personalise your user experience;
- improve your user experience;
- assist us in delivering Services to you;
- offer new services or updates that are relevant to you;
- analyse your performance to help us improve your user experience;
We will never sell your information to any third parties.
We may disclose the personal information we hold about you only:
- if we are required to in order to complete a transaction or compete in a competition that you have initiated;
- if we are required or authorised to by law or by a law enforcement agency.
We do not knowingly contact or collect information from children under 13 without the explicit permission of their parent/guardians. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental/guardian consent or delete the information.
Our child-safe games:
- have no user registration process;
- don’t collect personal user information;
- don’t include sharing on social networks;
- don’t allow users to post messages or images to each other;
- don’t have advertising;
- don’t contain competitions.
Any links to external content are behind suitable age-gates.
If you permit your child to use our Services, you should consider disabling in-app purchases on your phone and actively monitor your child’s use.
Third Party Services
Data Storage & Security
We store information on servers in the UK and the United States.
Security is important to us and we strive to protect your information as best we can, but there are inherent risks in transmitting information over the Internet and it is possible that our servers could be hacked. You should feel comfortable with this level of risk before you provide any information to us, or use our Services. If you are not comfortable with this risk, please do not use our Services.
You may request access to your personal information at any time by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer by mail at Playerthree, Unit 20a The Circle
Queen Elizabeth Street, London, SE1 2JE.
We may charge a small fee for providing access if it requires a significant amount of time to locate your information or to collect or present it in an appropriate form. We may decline your access if there are reasonable grounds for us to do so.
If you have any concerns or complaints about your privacy please contact us at the address above.
We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time, provided you supply return contact details. If you do not provide return contact details we will be unable to respond to your complaint, although we will consider its content.
Updates to this Policy