JOB – User interface graphic designer for games UI/UX
We’re looking for a talented user interface graphic designer for games to join our team on a variety of cross-platform projects, to see them through from concept to delivery. Specifically we’re interested to see portfolios focusing on interface design for games and well as logos, brand graphic design.
The nature of working for our very diverse set of clients and projects is that you will undertake a very broad range of creative approaches. Whether polished commercial game apps, pixel art, clean typographic style or loose 2D illustrated work, we don’t have a ‘house-style’ and therefore love creating diverse works.
Whether you describe yourself as a graphic designer, user experience, generalist, or production artist, we need you to be creative and technically experienced in producing assets for games and apps.
Ideally you will have at least 1 to 2 years of commercial experience of graphic design for games, but equally if you’re a super talented graduate, moving from a different creative field or self taught with a passion for game production and attention to detail, then we’re interested to hear from you. You MUST provide a CV with examples of your work.
KEY requirements for the role:
• Creative designer with an excellent attention to detail!
• Skilled at working with bitmap and vector based graphic design.
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
• Love producing UI and interface designs
• Able to adapt to many different art styles.
• Able to define task requirements and deliver to deadlines
• Positive and self-motivated with good communication skills
• Experience producing commercial games and apps
Any (or all) of these would be very nice, too:
• Experience of motion FX or 2D animation
• Logo or brand design
• Preparing, optimising textures for Texture Packer
• Experience using Esoteric Spine or similar animation software
• Knowledge of general digital media asset production
• Interest in character design
• Use of Blender or similar to aid production of any of the above in your workflow.
We offer competitive salary based on experience, private dental care, generous & flexible holiday terms, a cycle to work scheme, free eye tests and a no-crunch policy.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV with links to some of your best work, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have salary expectations please let us know when applying.
This full-time, permanent role. We have a London studio in a fantastic location near Tower Bridge, although currently we are still mixing working from home and work , so please consider your ability to commute or relocate when applying.
To apply for this job you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Absolutely, positively, no agencies please. We are not looking to use recruiters or agencies at this time. If we did need agencies, rest assured we’d call.
Playerthree is an independent game studio based near Tower Bridge, SE1 established in 2001. We work on a variety of high profile cross-platform work-for-hire projects and our own IP. We develop in primarily in HTML5 and Unity for mobile & desktop devices. We have an excellent client base including Disney, Cartoon Network & the BBC as well as many educational and technology clients.
To see some of the great projects we’ve completed, please check out our portfolio.