2D Artist / Generalist
Playerthree is an independent game studio based near London Bridge, SE1 established in 2001. We work on a variety of high profile cross-platform work-for-hire projects and our own IP. We develop in primarily in HTML5 and Unity for mobile & desktop devices. We have an excellent client base including Disney, Cartoon Network & the BBC as well as many educational and technology clients.
We’re looking for a talented 2D artist to join our team on a variety of cross-platform projects, to see them through from concept to delivery. Whether you describe yourself as a generalist, technical artist or production artist, we need you to be creative, skilled and interested in working on an exciting range of gaming projects.
Ideally you will have at least 1 to 2 years of commercial experience of graphic design for games, but equally if you’re a super talented graduate, moving from a different creative field or self taught with a passion for game production and attention to detail, then we’re interested to hear from you. You MUST provide a CV with examples of your work.
KEY requirements for the role:
• Creative designer with an excellent attention to detail!
• Skilled at working with bitmap and vector based graphic design.
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop
• Strong experience using Adobe Illustrator
• Experienced producing UI designs
• Able to work with in many different art styles.
• Able to define task requirements and deliver to deadlines
• Positive and self-motivated with good communication skills
Any (or all) of these would be very nice, too:
• Experience producing commercial games and apps
• Background in 2D character animation
• Creating background art
• Logo or brand design
• Creating tile sets for games
• Preparing, optimising textures for Texture Packer
• Character design
• Experience using Esoteric Spine or similar software, rigging 2D skeletons, animating characters
• Knowledge of general digital media asset production and compression tools
• Experience optimising for HTML5 and WebGL game production.
• Working with low poly 3D assets
• Producing textures for 3D assets
To see some of the great projects we’ve completed, please check out our portfolio.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV with links to some of your best work, to email@example.com. We offer competitive salary based on experience. If you have salary expectations please let us know when applying.
This full-time, permanent role is based in our London studio, so please consider your ability to commute or relocate when applying. Our offices are in a fantastic location on Bermondsey Street.
To apply for this job you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Absolutely, positively, no agencies please. We are not looking to use recruiters or agencies at this time. If we did need agencies, rest assured we’d call.